- Top brands Hardee's, Lipton, Mercedes-Benz Cars Middle East, Mountain View and The Coca-Cola Company partner with the ad-supported free Spotify service for launch in Egypt
- The music streaming platform connects advertisers with highly engaged, passionate users who trust Spotify to soundtrack their lives
- Connect Ads is Spotify’s local advertising sales partner
14 November, 2018: Spotify, the largest global music streaming subscription service, today officially launches in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) offering brands a new platform to connect with local consumers in an exciting, targeted and impactful manner.
With over 191 million active users globally, Spotify gives brands a unique opportunity to connect with highly engaged, passionate music fans while they are doing what they love most: listening to music.
The music streaming service allows music fans to discover and enjoy over 40 million local and international tracks, billions of human-curated playlists for every mood and moment, and personalised music tailored to their own music tastes. Starting today, users in MENA can visit spotify.com to download the Spotify app and use the free, ad-supported service, or can upgrade to Spotify Premium for extra service options such as offline and ad-free listening.
Spotify’s inaugural advertising partners for launch are Hardee's, Lipton, Mercedes-Benz Cars Middle East, Mountain View and The Coca-Cola Company, all of which have taken the opportunity to be the first brands to reach Spotify’s engaged audience of music fans in Egypt. Spotify is working with Connect Ads as its MENA advertising sales partner.
Advertising On Spotify
Spotify believes music is a mirror, reflecting how people are really feeling and what they’re doing in any given moment. Since music is inherently personal and emotional, these insights fuel the platform’s rich and textured dataset, going beyond demographics and device IDs to reflect moods, moments and mindsets. This data set is called Streaming Intelligence, and the more its audience streams, the more Spotify understands them.
The global advertising platform uses its Streaming Intelligence to build relationships between their highly engaged audience and brands. This powers Spotify’s ability to ensure brand messages show up in the right moment and in the right context, ultimately and drive impact. Here’s how:
● Delivering an Engaged Audience: Spotify’s global scale allows brands to reach their audience in real-time moments throughout the day
● Providing Unique Insights: Our dataset offers an unfiltered, contextual understanding of a brand’s audience, giving marketers deeper insights in our users' behaviors and tastes.
● Employing Impactful Ad Formats: We bring brands to life on Spotify with captivating audio, video and ad formats.
● Showcasing Measurable Success: Our suite of measurement products help brands to quantify the impact of their messaging on the Spotify ad platform.
“Our commitment to discovery and personalisation has helped us to establish relationships with millions of people around the world and in turn, create connections between brands and our users,” said Brian Benedik, VP, Global Head of Advertising Sales at Spotify. “We’re excited to open the door for brands and advertisers in MENA to tap into our streaming intelligence and innovative ad formats to connect with music fans.”
Mohamed El Mehairy, CEO of Connect Ads, said: "We are super excited to have Connect Ads chosen to be the exclusive reseller for the Spotify advertising platform in MENA. Spotify's unique blend of content and technology offers the MENA audience a multi-sensory experience like no other, which is also an excellent opportunity for brands to engage, connect and ultimately convert with this highly engaged audience. Our dedicated local teams have been working closely with Spotify and we are ready to extend the latest ad products and best practices to the Middle East and North African markets. Great things are coming MENA's way."
For any questions about advertising on Spotify, please contact Spotify@connectads.com for more information.