Al Jouf Cement Co. Announces Calling Candidature for Board Members Elections
|Introduction||Al-Jouf Cement Company announces the opening of the candidacy for membership in its board of directors for the new session that begins its activities, God willing, starting August 6, 2020 for a period of three years ending August 5, 2023.
The candidacy for membership of the Board of Directors will be in accordance with the statutory controls, policies, standards and procedures for membership of the Board of Directors approved by the Company's General Assembly (attached).
The candidates will be elected at the next general assembly meeting, the date of which will be announced later, after obtaining the necessary approvals from the competent authorities.
|Type of Assembly||New Session|
|Assembly Start Date||2020-08-06 Corresponding to 1441-12-16|
|Assembly End Date||2023-08-05 Corresponding to 1445-01-18|
|Number of members||7|
|Application Start Date||2020-02-05 Corresponding to 1441-06-11|
|Application End Date||2020-02-20 Corresponding to 1441-06-26|
|Applications Submission Method||Al-Jouf Cement Company
Nomination and Remuneration Committee P.O. B. 295689 Riyadh 11351
For more information please contact us on
|Application Requirements||Conditions for nomination:
Observing the policies, standards and procedures for membership in the company’s board of directors, which were approved in accordance with the Extraordinary General Assembly Resolution on July 17, 2017 (attached).
First: Conditions for membership of the Board of Directors:
1- The ability to lead: by having a leadership skill and qualifying him to grant powers in a manner that stimulates performance and the application of best practices in the field of effective management and adherence to professional values and ethics.
2- Efficiency: This is provided with the scientific qualifications, appropriate professional and personal skills, the level of training, and scientific experiences related to the current and future activities of the company, administration, economics, accounting, law or governance, as well as the desire to learn and train.
3- The ability to guide: by having the technical, leadership, and administrative capabilities, and the speed in decision-making, and accommodating the technical requirements related to the workflow, and being able to provide strategic direction, planning and a clear future vision
4- Financial knowledge: by being able to read and understand financial statements and reports.
5- Health fitness: This is because he does not have a health barrier that hinders him from exercising his duties and powers.
The general assembly shall take into consideration when electing the members of the Board of Directors the recommendation of the Remuneration and Nominations Committee and the availability of personal and professional ingredients necessary to perform their duties effectively in accordance with what is stated in this article.
Second: Nomination requirements
• Biography, qualifications and previous and current academic experience.
• Fill out the curriculum vitae of the candidate for membership of the board of directors of a joint stock company listed No. (3) of the Capital Market Authority and it can be obtained from the website of the Capital Market Authority https://cma.org.sa/RulesRegulations/FormsSite/Pages/default.aspx (attached) ).
•The candidate must explain the membership status (executive member, non-executive member or independent member).
• The candidate must clarify the nature of membership, that is, whether he is a candidate in his personal capacity or if he is a representative of a legal person.
• That the candidate disclose any conflict of interest cases that include:
a. The existence of a direct or indirect interest in the business and contracts made for the company
B. Participating in a business that would compete with the company, or compete with it in one of the branches of the activity it is engaged in.
•To attach with the nomination application a clear copy of the national identity card, the family registry for individuals, the commercial registry of companies and institutions, and the contact numbers of the candidate
• The candidate who previously served as a member of the board of directors of a joint stock company must indicate the number and date of the boards of directors of the companies that he is a member of.
• A statement of the joint stock companies whose membership he still holds.